France is a distinctively exquisite place brimming with culture and food – that are most often intertwined. And the streets of France are the heart of that culture, especially to the outside world. So to honor the culture of food and passion, Chef Samuel knew he had to proudly nod to his French roots, and yet recognize the pace and uniqueness of Orange County. What better way than to marry them together…. with Roquette Cafe & Bistro! This is our story.
Chef Samuel Geffroy
Born in the countryside of Brittany, France, Chef Samuel began his life on a dairy farm just 20 miles from the sea. This unique upbringing inspired him to learn about the art of food and cuisines from other parts of France. At age 16, he began a stage, or internship, that charted the course of his life in the kitchen.
Driven and passionate about food of all kinds, Chef Samuel’s professional endeavors have led him to some of the most prestigious kitchens in Europe, including:
- Two-Michelin Starred restaurant La Cote, France – Executive Chef
- 4-Star Le Mont Paisible Hotel in the Swiss Alps – Executive Chef
After nearly 15 years in European kitchens, Chef Samuel wanted to further expand his experience by coming to the United States in 2004.
- Tapenade in La Jolla, CA – Chef de Cuisine
- San Diego Culinary Institute in La Mesa, CA – Instructor
- Cohn Group in San Diego, CA – Corporate Chef
- French Consulate in Los Angeles, CA – Executive Chef
- Private chef for families in La Jolla, CA
- Moulin Café & Patisseries – Executive Chef
But don’t let this impressive resume fool you, he has a passion for simple food that harkens back to his days on the farm. Chef Samuel strives to create balance in the menu, combining a variety of textures and fresh flavors for customers of any age.